Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MG Tallgeese WIP 3

This is WIP 3 of the MG Tallgeese. Previous WIPs can be found here:



I've only got a few more days to finish this guy in time for the Level Up competition. The pressure is on, but I have to remember that a properly finished kit is better than a half-baked entry. Here's where I am, 4 days from the deadline:

The internal frame was painted a custom mix of mr. hobby gloss black and gold. I used a similar mix for the Freedom and I really liked the results, so I made a new batch with a higher ratio of gold. I then applied tamiya panel wash black, and then dry brushed with enamel silver...

Click on the Read More link to view the rest of this post!

The armor parts were pre-shaded with dark grey. I find this to be one of the most time consuming stages of a build, but I really like the effect it has on the finish.

While the parts were drying, I went to work on the gladius. The shape of the blade was inspired by Achilles' sword from the movie Troy...

I used some scrap weapon parts for the hilt, and added a bit of scale detail.

The main armor parts were painted with gloss white mixed with a few drops of tan. I let it dry a couple days before I started masking.

(nothing wrong with recycled masking tape lol)

A couple more painting sessions later...

I used a mix of gold and orange for the trim and scale parts, some custom blue, and flat red. These painted parts have also been treated with Tamiya panel wash black.

I have a few more parts to mask and paint with the gold mix. I'll be working on the cape while I let those dry and hopefully I'll have this thing ready for pictures by the 31st.

Check back again soon for the conclusion of this build!

No comments:

Post a Comment