Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MG EX-S (Daban) WIP 3

This is WIP 3 for the MG EX-S. Previous WIPs are here:
WIP 1 
WIP 2

    click on the Read More link to see the rest of the pics...

I finally decided what to do with the side skirts! These are bashed from the HG throne zwei...

I also finished adding the internal details for the cut-outs. Some DIY hydraulics, tiny IC board parts, and the fans from the extra core booster decorate the shoulders. I used metal screws, guitar string and some round plastic bits for the chest.






The rifle seemed a bit front heavy to me, so I scratch built a buttstock to balance it out.






I also got around to fixing the numerous dimples left behind by poor casting. All thats left now is to figure out the chest and arm proportion mods, and maybe a custom backpack if time permits. I'm doing as much as I can on this build, but it will most likely be put on hold so I can work on my entry for the upcoming GBWC in October. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment