Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It's A Gundaaaaaam!!!!!! Annual Competition 2015

Greetings fellow plamo nerds! It's been an uneventful past couple of months for me in the hobby, what with everything going on in my life that warrants a separate post altogether - but I've been keeping tabs on the plamo scene, and I'm very pleased to see that everyone I've met through the hobby has been continuously upping their skills, putting out one great build after another.  I haven't found the time to work on any projects myself since January, and I've already missed a couple of events I wanted to enter -  one of which was the recently concluded annual competition over at  It's A Gundaaaaaaam!!!!!!. The competition was fierce this year, and some mighty mechas righteously claimed the top spots. As a previous winner of the event, I was invited to help with the judging - and I've gained a whole new appreciation of the tough work that goes into scoring for an event like this. Let's get on with the results...here's how it played out!



Click on the Read More link for the rest of this post...



Coming in at 3rd place was Boy Alexi's souped-up version of the Build Burning Gundam. Though the concept was fairly simple compared to the rest of the entries, the piece delivered in terms of cleanliness, detailing and paint work. Nicely done indeed!



In 2nd place, was Kevin Nifras' Sengoku Astray Nobunaga. This builder showed experience and class in his custom design - going nuts with the weapon load-out while keeping the concept this tight is no easy feat. The result is a one-of-a-kind Astray that anyone would be proud to have on his display rack.




Taking this year's top spot was Win Eiam-ong's Ronin no.7. A heavily customized Shin Musha, armed with a gatling gun and a nasty looking katana - weathered to look like it just barely survived Armageddon. This thing is so rusty you'd think you needed anti-tetanus shots after handling it. Superb work all around.





Aside from the top three, a People's Choice award was also given out to Austin Scott and his Sword Burst. The mods are effective and blend well with the base kit. Top it off with clean execution and this kit was bound to win the votes of the crowd.





More high-quality pics of these models and the rest of the entries can be found in the group's album. Good job to all the participants and officials of the event, I'm looking forward to next year where I hope to take part as a competitor again.

Until next time, keep building plamo!


No comments:

Post a Comment