Monday, December 22, 2014

Commission Finished - MG Zaku Cannon

Good day fellow otakus! The holidays are upon us, and I'm sure you're all busy with your last minute shopping. I've been extra busy myself, preparing for my new job and working on my remaining commission projects for the year. Here's how the Zaku Cannon turned out.



Click on the Read More link for the rest of this post...(warning: pic heavy)


I really enjoyed painting this kit. The Grimoire  inspired color scheme was achieved with custom mixes of black and brown. The internal frame and weapons were done in mixes of silver, metallic black and gold. (click on the images to view in full size)




Orange was applied to the vents to contrast the mostly black scheme. The Grimoire's head is white, but I felt that for this build, white was better suited for the spike shoulder and pipes.




The entire kit was given a black panel line wash to accentuate some details. All black and white parts are pre shaded, while brown pieces were post shaded with clear smoke.



I used Tamiya and Mr Hobby paints for this project. Some dry transfer decals that came in the box were applied. All armor parts have a flat finish, while the internals and weapons are in gloss. Overall this was a very fun build. With the painting friendly design and impressive weapons load-out that rivals the GM Sniper, I'm wondering why we don't see too many builds of this guy. I think it's a great kit and recommend it 100% to anyone looking to do a Zaku.

That's all for now, but stay tuned for updates on my ongoing builds of the SD Unicorn and SD Banshee. Until next time, keep building plamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment