Monday, April 11, 2016

Tallgeese III Custom WIP 2

Good day plamates! This is WIP 2 for this project. Previous WIPs can be found here:

Tallgeese III Custom WIP 1

      I wasn't comfortable calling this a Tallgeese III anymore after making significant changes to the design, so I came up with a name - Tallgeese Boros - after my favorite Magic:the Gathering deck.

I played Magic for about 15 years, and while I've been retired from the game for some time now, I'll always remember the days when I was a planeswalker in search of glory and power. Good times.

 For the uninitiated, the Boros deck is a red/white aggressive strategy designed to win the game in 3 to 5 turns by rushing the opponent with fast creatures and direct damage spells. Speed is the name of the game, and so shall it be the theme of this build.


Click on the Read More link for the rest of this post...


The first obvious change is the head - pulled from an HG Garazzo kit. The chest and crotch were also augmented with Garazzo parts to help blend the head in with the rest of the body. I trimmed down the crotch thruster so Garazzo's codpiece could fit over it.



I really liked the design of the Garazzo, particularly the shoulders...so I went ahead and swapped those in as well. For 1/144 scale, they still look nicely proportioned for the smaller Tallgeese MG.




I couldn't use the default shoulder internals anymore, so I'll be using those from the Garazzo, splicing them into the upper arm from the Tallgeese. This extends the arm a little bit as well, for slightly heroic proportions.



And what would a mech built for speed be without a proper propulsion configuration. Some backpack parts from an old Strike Freedom, plus two (or maybe even four?) thruster pods from the Tallgeese should be enough...


That's all for now, I still need to make these mods legit by properly mounting them onto the kit. I'm also thinking of adding spikes here and there to really blend the Garazzo elements. Once the main mecha is final I can go back to building the weapon, which is going to be a lot of fun!

Until next time, keep building plamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment